The best e-commerce platforms can help to enhance business performance. There are a variety of fashion website designs that can improve your interactivity.
What is a Content Management System?
It helps you create, modify, and publish content on the website. A great CMS will also enable importing various forms of digital content like images, illustrations, infographics, videos, and more. The articles you see online have been published through the Content Management System. Various types of CMS available in the market are:
- On-Premise CMS: You need to buy a license from the vendor and then install the software on the servers. The CMS provider is responsible for maintaining and updating the software. As an owner, you need to handle the installation of security and infrastructure upgrades. Example: WordPress and Drupal
- Cloud Hosted CMS: A cloud-hosted solution will buy a license and install the software at the web host o data center. This is like the on-premise CMS, but it is installed on third-party servers which you don’t own. Example: Hostway and WPEngine.
- SaaS CMS: Software as a Service Solution is an emerging category that has arisen in the digital world. It works like the famous tools Salesforce, Gmail, and Google Docs. It does not need and installation, updates, or maintenance. The Content Management System provider will handle the technical issues, which helps you build and manage content.
How to select the best CMS platform for your business?
- CMS makes it easier to create and edit content. Sometimes it has a drag-and-drop interface for fashion web design.
- The right software offers an outstanding collection of website design templates. These can be easily customized based on your requirements.
- CMS platforms help in easily exporting data effortlessly. Data portability gives the owner to move into the different platforms or hosting services.
- Ease of integrating extensions and add-ons. This helps in adding unique features to your platform and enhances its functionalities.
- Look at the help and support provided by the CMS owner.
8 Top CMS platforms to build your e-commerce store are
1. WordPress – Create a Free Website or Blog
It empowers over 35% of the websites on the market. It is an open-source CMS that was initially built for blogging, but it now supports all types of websites. Some benefits of using this CMS are:
- It gives you freedom and flexibility to build an online store.
- It does not need any coding knowledge to create e-commerce stores.
- There are a thousand WordPress themes and plugins to make your website more effective.
- It is SEO friendly which makes your URLs, tags, and categories more efficient for search engines.
- It has a lot of extensibility, which makes it an ideal platform for beginners and developers.
2. Drupal – Open Source CMS
This is a good option for people who need a highly customized website and handle a lot of data. Some advantages of using Drupal development:
- It is effortless to add content to your website.
- There are various modules available in the store which can be integrated into the website.
- Significant support and maintenance from the community.
- User management is easier with the built-in system that helps in creating new roles and set their permissions.
3. WooCommerce – Open- Source e-commerce Plugin
This is a popular e-commerce platform that is flexible and easily managed. It runs as a plugin on WordPress. Unique advantages of this platform are:
- It is free of cost, but you need WooCommerce hosting and a domain name.
- There are WooCommerce themes that make it easier to decide the website layout.
- It has extensions and plugins that help in adding extra functionalities to the fashion website design.
- You can sell digital and physical products through the website using affiliate links.
- The website owner helps in managing the inventory and makes it easy to track the website.
4. BigCommerce – Ecommerce for a New Era
It is a fully hosted platform that provides elements in a single platform. Bigcommerce helps to host your website. Some advantages of using this platform are:
- It has a trial plan which gives you insights into the platform without actually committing.
- You can select a free domain name or pay for a custom one.
- There are multiple payment methods like Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, PayPal, Credit cards, and debit cards.
- It has a support system like live chat, phone support, email, community support, and more.
- You can also use this platform with WordPress and use the best with both the Content Management System.
5. Shopify – Ecommerce Platform
It is an all-in-one hosted platform for fashion e-commerce websites. You do not require buying a host, install software, or handle any updates. Some pros of using Shopify development are:
- It helps in accepting debit and credit cards which are the Shopify payment solutions.
- There are extensions, themes, and third-party app integrations to add features and functionalities to the website.
- It does not need any updates until you reach a certain amount of sales.
- Shopify app has customer support through email, Twitter, live chat, and phone.
6. Magento – oPen-source e-commerce platform
It is a powerful open-source platform. As a business owner, you can easily download and install the free version. The Magento development platform gives you multiple advantages are:
- It is highly customizable with the help of third-party extensions.
- Magento can help you handle products and customers seamlessly.
- Fashion e-commerce websites can grow without slowing down.
- Some famous brands like Nike, Coca-Cola, and Ford use Magento.
- It is easier to connect different payment gateways.
7. Joomla – Open Source CMS
It is another open-source Content Management System that has different extensions and templates. Joomla has features and functions that provide a smooth development experience. Some advantages of using this CMS are:
- It gives you ease to develop complicated and complex e-commerce websites.
- Joomla is better for developers, but you can still use it with little coding experience.
- Being an open-source platform, it has community support.
- It can be used to run fashion e-commerce websites as there are extensions available in the store.
8. OpenCart – Open Source Shopping Cart Solution
It is an open-source e-commerce platform that helps merchants to sell products in the digital world. OpenCart is a feature-rich and searches engine-friendly interface. Some unique advantages of this platform are:
- It is easier to operate, and you don’t need any technical expert.
- It helps in selling unlimited products.
- OpenCart can help to set up and manage the fashion web design.
- This CMS supports multiple languages and currencies.
- It has over 13000 plugins that improve the functionalities of your store.
When you invest in a CMS, it should ensure to give your users smooth digital experiences. The fashion website design is the best key to engage users for a longer interval.