It has barely been a period since we have observed the marvel of smartphones. The overview of gadgets such as the Apple’s iPhone and various Android-powered handsets transformed the way we professed the mobile phones. Other than the competence to make calls and send messages, these smartphones can also control most of the features that are expected from a computer.
On the other hand, within the era itself, we are on the brink of the next technological wonder. A few recognized groups have introduced the smartwatches that do much more than just displaying the time on the screen.
The new age Apple Smart Watches
Apple Watch is a line of smartwatches developed by Apple Inc. It incorporates fitness tracking and health-oriented capabilities with integration with iOS and other Apple products and services. The original generation of the device was available in four variants: Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch, Apple Watch Hermès, and Apple Watch Edition; each distinguished by different combinations of cases and first- or third-party interchangeable bands.
Like all Apple Watch Series 2 models, Apple Watch Nike+ has built-in GPS to track your pace, distance, and route — even if you don’t have your iPhone with you. With the brightest display Apple has ever made, your metrics are easy to read, no matter how much the sun glares. And Apple Watch Nike+ is rated water resistant 50 meters,* so you can even take a post-run dip in the pool.
Smartwatch By Apple
- Apple Watch Series 2
- Apple Watch Nike+
- Apple Watch Hermès
- Apple Watch Edition
- Apple Watch Series 1
The new age Sony Smart Watches
The Sony SmartWatch is a line of wearable devices that connects to an Android smartphone and can display Twitter feeds, SMS, among other things. Different versions are compatible with different Android phones.
The original Sony SmartWatch, model MN2SW, uses a flexible silicone wristband with multiple colors available. It was introduced at CES 2012 and launched later in March 2012.
Smartwatch By Sony
- SmartBand 2
- SmartWatch 3
- SmartBand Talk
- SmartBand Wrist Strap
The new age Samsung smart watches
The Samsung Galaxy Gear is a smartwatch produced by Samsung Electronics in the Samsung Gear family of devices. Unveiled during a Samsung Unpacked event in Berlin, Germany on September 4, 2013, the device serves as a companion for all Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets which run Android 4.3 or newer; it was released on September 25, 2013. Originally released as an Android-based device, Samsung replaced the operating system with Tizen through the May 2014 software update. The Gear’s successor, the Gear 2, was released on April 11, 2014.
The Smart Watches are wearable gadgets that act as the digital supporters. The primary studies got started in the early 1970s, but the idea took an actual shape in the year 2013 when electronics giants such as Sony, Apple, Samsung launched their watch phones.
Though the lately introduced devices work in association with a smartphone, various other smart watch producers put forward these electronics as a standalone model. These days, Samsung has come up with different innovations that are suitably priced. The Samsung smart watch is perfect and worth the expenditure.
Allied to the phone by Bluetooth, these devices can display updated weather information, set reminders for the users, click fantastic HD pictures with the help of a mini-camera and much more. Since some these phones run on the Android mobile operating system, the smart watch also shares the same core.
The embedded Android system makes it compatible with an overabundance of applications that already exists in the system. Additionally, numerous mobile app producers have formed applications that are precisely enhanced for the watches.
Smartwatch By Samsung
- Samsung Galaxy Gear − Android based, upgradeable to Tizen
- Samsung Gear 2 − Tizen based
- Samsung Gear 2 Neo − Tizen based
- Samsung Gear Fit − Runs a custom RTOS
- Samsung Gear Live − Android Wear based
- Samsung Gear S − Tizen based
- Samsung Gear S2 − Tizen based
- Samsung Gear Fit 2 − Tizen based
- Samsung Gear S3 − Tizen based
- Gear S3 Classic
- Gear S3 Frontier
The new age of Other Watches
The Huawei Watch is an Android Wear-based smartwatch developed by Huawei. It was announced in 2015 Mobile World Congress on March 1, 2015, and was released at Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin on September 2, 2015. It is the first smartwatch of Huawei.
Android Wear is a version of Google’s Android operating system designed for smartwatches and other wearables. By pairing with mobile phones running Android version 4.3 or newer, or iOS version 8.2 or newer with limited support from Google’s pairing application Android Wear integrates Google Now technology and mobile notifications into a smartwatch form factor. It also adds the ability to download applications from the Google Play Store.
Pebble Technology Corporation developed a line of smartwatches including the first commercially successful smartwatch, the Pebble Smartwatch. The smartwatch was pledged from a Kickstarter campaign, proving massively successful, collecting around $10 million for development of the smartwatch. Later on, the company started another two Kickstarter campaigns for their Time and Time 2 watches, collecting $20 million and $13 million.
Pebble watches connect to both Android and iOS phones, so they can display notifications from the phone. An online app store distributes Pebble-compatible apps from many third party developers, including ESPN, Uber, Runkeeper, and GoPro.
The Asus ZenWatch is an Android Wear-based smartwatch announced on September 3, 2014 at IFA and released by Asus on November 9, 2014, It uses Android Wear, a modified version of Android designed specifically for smartwatches and other wearables. ASUS also provides a custom app manager for this watch called the ZenWatch manager. It’s a free app. For health tracking, you can use the ASUS ZenFit app as well as other health apps including Google Fit. It is compatible with all smartphones running Android 4.3 or higher that support Bluetooth LE. Android Wear features a notification system based on Google Now technology that enables it to receive spoken commands from the user.
Microsoft Band is a smart band with smartwatch and activity tracker/fitness tracker features, created and developed by Microsoft. It was announced on October 29, 2014. The Microsoft Band incorporated fitness tracking and health-oriented capabilities and integrated with Windows Phone, iOS, and Android smartphones through a Bluetooth connection. On October 3, 2016, Microsoft stopped sales and development of the line of devices.
The MetaWatch is a brand name of smartwatches developed by Meta Watch, Ltd. Strata MetaWatch and Frame MetaWatch are digital smartwatches released in 2012 funded by raising money via the crowd funding platform Kickstarter.
The i’m Watch is a smartwatch developed by Italian company i’m S.p.A. The watch can also be paired to iOS 4 or higher, Android 4 or higher and BlackBerry 10 devices.
LG G Watch
The LG G Watch is an Android Wear-based smartwatch announced and released by LG and Google on June 25, 2014. It was released along with the Samsung Gear Live as launch devices for Android Wear, a modified version of Android designed specifically for smartwatches and other wearables. It is compatible with all smartphones running Android 4.3 or higher that support Bluetooth LE. The G Watch R is a variant featuring a round face and an OLED screen.
The Moto 360 is an Android Wear-based smartwatch announced by Motorola Mobility in 2014. It was announced on March 18, 2014, and was released on September 5, 2014, in the US, along with new models of the Moto X and the Moto G.
These are the other smartwatches in the market.
- Omate TrueSmart,
- Qualcomm Toq,
- Timex Ironman,
- WIMM One
- Neptune Pine
The convenience of using Samsung smart watch
The new age Samsung Smartwatches are also combined with the GPS tracking electronics to put forward an inclusive range of navigation services. Furthermore, these gadgets have inbuilt sensors like a heart-rate monitor, accelerometers, and thermometer that lend a hand to the sportspersons and fitness buffs to trace their relevant statistics after an exercise session.
Most of the sportspersons widely utilize this smart gadget for recording their workouts and examine the data based on the information gathered.
Aside from the watch phones, the standalone smart watches are mostly launched by traditional watch companies and have limited features. On the other hand, navigation services, two-communication capabilities, and connectivity to PC are some of the functions that make it a valuable investment.
The amazing smart watch features
On the other hand, it appears to be that these kinds of personal devices are running out of power to attract the customers. The cause for this is the constant upsurge of smart, manageable devices, mainly smartphones & tablets. Now that it has become achievable to reduce a crowd of the electronic devices, the smartwatch manufacturers are desirous to change personal watches to wearable figuring devices.
Numerous features of the smartphones can be turned similar so that they can be presented in the next generation of private gizmos. Now, various companies have made a status for themselves by announcing the gadgets that can connect to a user’s handset through the Bluetooth option. The facility to report the user of an incoming call and show the message directly on the smartwatch screen is publicized as the favorable features.
The next sensible move will be to integrate some see-through display screen through which the user can quickly scan an item to get the real-time details. The ordinary navigation can also lead the way to absorb the amplified reality features.
Samsung Gear comes with the full circle and durable stainless steel. It has the well slim body and sleeks on your wrist. It’s changing watch bands is so easy, it is made for everyone.
- It has glamorous and stylish design with monitor your phone at any time.
- It controls your device and makes your hand-free.
- See your all messages at any instant of time when it arrives.
- It maintains your day to day data and captures your snaps, video and audio very fast.
- You can also receive calls and notification without the prior usage of your smart phone. It can handle you always within in reach.
- Your Calls-
- This watch can help you to reach or receive your important calls.
- Most probably when we are out of reach of your smart phone usually missed that calls.
- When you are wearing this gear you can answer, makes calls from your wrist conveniently at your hand whenever you need it.
- Its Smart Relay
- When you linked your watch with your smart phone then it can automatically display your full message on the phone larger display that your receive on your Galaxy Gear.
- Gear Memographer
- Samsung Galaxy Gear helps you to take the snapshots without the use of your smart phone. It says that there is no need to waste your time with your camera phone.
- Just a minute take a quick snap or short video with this gear.
- It is always ready on your wrist then you can share the memory instantly through your friends or other social network platforms.
- S Voice or Touch
- It interacts with your one voice or touch. This gear or smart watch is design to be your fingers or speech at all the times.
- Its Sophisticated S voice technology helps you in your busy on the go life schedule.
- It gives you to maintain your schedule and check latest messages instantly.
- Voice Memo
- This Samsung Galaxy Gear gives everything you want to memorize and it will create a note for you to read later.
- It has to touch fewer voice memos. It is easy to make a memo with the Samsung Galaxy Gear.
- You don’t even have to take your phone out of your pocket or bag. You tell the gear everything you want to memorize and it will create a note for you to read later.
- Technical Specification
- Connectivity- Bluetooth.
- Display Type -AMOLED.
- Size- The Size is 1.63″(41.4mm) and Resolution is 320 x 320.
Collaborating Smart Watch Features
Smart watches have been in survival for almost three decades. The early versions of smartwatches permitted a user to save data, view altered time zones as well as perform a basic calculation. The next generation of these smart gadgets unified GPS and a host of other wireless device features, together with compass, thermometer, altimeter, camera, accelerometer, and barometer. Several combinations of these features were created to fascinate a definite set of customers.
Top Reasons to Buy a Smartwatch or a Fitbit
This new trend of purchasing the smartwatches or the latest fitbits is far from being over. While the year 2015 was fortunate for the Apple Sports, Samsung Gear S and Garmin Vivoactive, the year 2017 will go on to be the time people will acquire smartwatches. On the other hand, in place of purchasing more costly ones, they will go with the Fitbit and with the gadgets that charge less and have added features, like the Sony SmartBand or the Samsung Smartwatch.
Why the Trend of Purchasing Smartwatches will grow in 2017?
Trends are verbalized by people and by the requirements of the customers. Increased numbers of individuals are in crazy about getting a smart device that would keep them answerable and assist them in maintaining the track of their health goals. That is accurately why they prefer to spend in Fitbit’s & smartwatches.
While a Fitbit is a minute health & fitness tracker that clasps to your pocket, a smartwatch clings on your wrist. The dissimilarity between these two smart devices is that the purpose of a Fitbit is just to encourage the wearer to stay fit and healthy and gets the person moving towards the fitness goal. On the other hand, a smartwatch includes a wide variety of smart and exciting features, but the device is not restricted to receiving notifications, utilizing the GPS, clicking pictures, browsing the internet and accepting calls. Both these smart devices can easily get connected with any smartphone.
The people will go on to purchase smartwatches as these crazy gadgets will keep on astonishing them in the coming times. Given below are some of the reasons why the smartwatches will continue to be trending in 2017.
They are More Useful than Ever
For the first timers, the gadgets like smartwatches are no longer crazy looking, awkward and terrible to use. The models launched at the end of the year 2015 look incredibly impressive and include tons of great amazing features. For example, Galaxy Gear SM-V700 is loaded with a sideways camera that clings on the band and can take quick pictures. Additionally, both the Android and iOS processing systems have significantly upgraded and have turned to get more comfortable to use, endowing the users with highly secure experience with reduced bugs.
The next reason to spend on a Samsung smartwatch in 2017 is its incredible cost. These days, most of the smartwatches are getting cheaper with the passing time. Therefore, everyone nowadays can easily grab one for them.
A Guide To Choosing The Best Samsung Smartwatch
- A plethora of Samsung smartwatches has entered the market since the launch of Samsung Galaxy gear smartwatch. But the question that continuously arises in the buyer’s mind is which Samsung smartwatch is best to buy that can complete value for their money. Therefore, there is detailed information about Samsung smartwatches top help users buy the most suitable smartwatch.
- Samsung Gear S2: This smartwatch boasts an attractive design with round-face. All-new control setup with rotating bezel will astonish customers. It has an intuitive interface. Swipe left to check notifications and right for using apps. The device comes in two versions:
- The S2, and
ii. The S2 Classic
- Both the versions have a super AMOLED display screen of 1.2 inches. Resolution of the screen is 360*360 for a sharper view of text and images.
- Samsung Gear S: This is the only smartwatch of Samsung that doesn’t need connectivity with Smartphone because it comprises a slot for SIM card with 3G connectivity. Its 2 inches, Super AMOLED curved display has 480*360 screen resolution giving best viewing experience. It comes with GPS connectivity to track running accurately.
- Samsung Gear Live: It has cued its design from the Gear2 Neo. Other features of Samsung Gear Live include 320*320 screen resolution with screen size of 1.63 inch. It runs on android vanilla. This makes it compatible with any Smartphone based on android.
- Samsung Gear Fit: This device comes with activity tracker facility alongside having an awesomely curved Super AMOLED display with screen size of 1.84 inch. It is a great fitness tracker. The device is great in terms of looks.
- Samsung Gear 2: The style and design of this device are the upgrades of the original gear Smartwatch. It comes with a classier edge having a plastic finish. This feature gives it a look of the classic timepiece. The smartwatch boasts an amazing super AMOLED display with screen resolution of 320*320 and 1.63-inch screen size. You can wrist-click pictures on-the-go with 2MP camera.
- Samsung Gear 2 Neo: It does not require phone connectivity and runs on 1.0 GHz dual core Cortex processor. It has RAM of 512MB and ROM of 4GB which is sufficient for data storage. With super AMOLED capacitive display, its screen size of 1.63 inches.
So what is really on offer now?
For the moment, the technology businesses are searching for value in familiarizing the smartphone linked watches. In the year 2013, there were three noticeable innovations together with the Samsung Galaxy Gear, Qualcomm Toq, and Sony SmartWatch.
Other than these inventions, a new launch of Samsung smart watch gear S2 has stunned the world with its amazing features. Samsung Gear S2 is the rounded, appealing form of the previous Gear S smartwatch.
The Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 is a Tizen OS-based smartwatch that includes a lot; tracking health, showing notifications from the smartphone, and even enjoying music through Bluetooth earpieces. The Gear S2 Classic is a somewhat smaller form of a smartwatch with leather band choices and appears to be classier in comparison to the sporty looking Galaxy Gear S2.
Latest posts by Ratnesh (see all)
- 7 Ways of Securing your Web Server from Hacking - September 16, 2019
- Word Count and its Importance in Blogging 2019 - September 16, 2019
- What are the Best WordPress Security Plugins to Secure your Site? - September 14, 2019