A company or a business with talented employees helps in enhancing business productivity and profitability. Therefore, business owners try their best to retain talented employees. They try their best to prevent talented employees from leaving their respective firms.
It has been observed that there are some reasons why talented employees leave a job and these reasons are mentioned as follows:-
• Equal treatment to every employee: It is a bad concept because not every employee is equal. Some are productive and efficient whereas others are poor in performance.
• Tolerating mediocrity: In an organization, if top performers fail to work as a team then they are grouped along with other third grade players. This is a bad thing and should be avoided.
• Existence of dumb company rules: Company rules are meant so that things in a corporate environment run smoothly. However, in this context, it is important to understand that the rules must not be dumb.
• Ignoring outstanding contributions and performance of employees: If a corporate firm ignores the contributions and performance of top employees then the employees become unhappy and they leave their job. Therefore, such things need to be avoided to retain employees.
• A workplace that is devoid of fun: The workplace should be fun-filled and if it is devoid of fun then there occurs a tendency for employees to leave their respective jobs.
• Keeping your people misinformed or ill-informed: Again, communication at the workplace is important for retaining talent. If employees are misinformed or ill-informed then they become unhappy and prefer quitting their respective jobs.
• Micromanaging: Observations reveal that employees always avoid bosses or managers who like to micromanage stuff. Therefore, micromanaging on the part of the manager can be yet another reason for an employee to quit his or her job.
• Failing to develop strategies to retain employees: If effective strategies to retain employees are not in place then there always exists a tendency on the part of the employee to quit their respective jobs.
• Failing to conduct interviews to retain employees: If a top-performer of an organization quits a job then it is too late for the employer. The employer must be in a position to guess their employee’s thoughts at the time of the interview so that he or she can be hired accordingly.
The above points only highlight the reasons why high-performing employees in organizations leave their respective jobs. Therefore it is high-time for the business owner to ensure that their respective leadership behaviors are such that the employees don’t walk-out of the doors. What should be the leadership behaviors of the employers so that the corresponding employees don’t leave their respective jobs? The answer to this question is provided in the form of 7 tips that help employers to retain talented employees.
7 Tips to Stop Productive Employees from Leaving Jobs
1. Give more recognition and praise to talented employees: The employer needs to understand which employee is productive and which employee is unproductive. Based on such understanding the employer is required to give more recognition as well as praise to productive and talented employees. Recognition and praise are two important things that the employer must shower on talented employees to retain them.
2. Setting clear goals and objectives: Employees at a workplace should be given tasks having a clear goal or objective. If the task objective or goal alters from time to time then employees get disturbed, they get annoyed and it is observed that because of such annoyance they decide to quit their respective jobs. Therefore, it is all-important for the employer to communicate about the company’s expectations from the employee and set exact goals and objectives. Results depend to a significant extent on the objectives that are set.
3. Being future-driven: In a fast-paced workplace, it is important to be future-driven. Often analyzing the past is important for future-projection. However, it must not happen that a company, its employer has its focus solely on the progress of the employees. As mentioned earlier that future-projection is important and the employers must use management techniques like the PPP or Progress, Plans, and Problems to help themselves aware of their teams’ plans.
4. Seek ideas and inputs: If decisions are made without seeking ideas or inputs then in the short-term it saves time but in the long-run, the strategy fails to produce the desired outcome. If you are managing a team and you are short of ideas then use your skills to communicate with other members of the team, seek ideas and inputs. Observations reveal that such ideas and inputs often prove to be helpful.
5. Give feedback continuously: At a workplace the tasks can become complicated, they can become dependent on other tasks and as a result, people require more feedback. If you are an employer then you need to understand that the employees require to feel that they have good relations with the managers, that there is a correlation between periodic feedback and employee engagement and if that happens then the employees stay happy and contented. They then think twice before quitting their respective jobs.
6. Be a time-saver while in meetings: At the workplace, employee-motivation killers include wasting employee’s time. Poorly arranged meetings that result in wasting of time is a setback to employee-motivation at the workplace. Therefore, it is recommended to prepare for meetings that are important and replace unnecessary meetings using online tools. By doing these things the employer can save his or her time, the person also saves the time of the company employees.
7. Be non-negative at the workplace, encourage open communication at the workplace: Besides the above-mentioned points other points are of immense significance from the employers to retain employees at the workplace and they include open communication between the employers and the respective employees, being non-negative at the workplace. Communicating openly suggests sharing of weekly thoughts and plans with the employees and that only helps to encourage the employees at the workplace. Being non-negative at the workplace is important to keep the employees at the workplace happy, motivated as well as positive.
Many employees at their respective workplaces remain stressed-up because of job pressure. They often require to submit company assignments on time. However, if they seek assignment help from entities that offer such help then their job becomes easy and at the same time, they become free from the stress. Talented employees use their resources optimally to ensure maximum productivity without allowing stress to get the better of them.
Latest posts by Micah Phillips (see all)
- Quick Guide to Online installment Loan Finances for Newbies - January 22, 2020
- 5 Factors to Consider to Get Cheap International Flights - January 22, 2020
- Dentist in Glenview-The Best Dental Care - January 22, 2020