Most companies employ conventional marketing or digital marketing to reach their consumers or prospects. Direct selling companies don’t do that (or can’t do that!). They rather rely on their network of independent sales representatives to sell their products or services, offering them an incentive for closing sales or expanding the network.
Due to shortage of jobs, pandemic issues, and increasing marketing costs, direct selling has become many companies’ favorite, proven by Indian direct selling industry growth of 28.26 percent in FY 2019-20. Thousands of people are joining various direct selling programs every day in India as they offer passive income, work from home, and the capability to scale up income to infinite. While there may be countless direct selling companies, here are the top 10 direct selling companies in India offering great products and providing brilliant earning opportunities.
List of Direct Selling Companies In India
- Global Revenue: US$ 8.8 Billion (2019)
- Establishment year: 1959
- Industry: Health, Beauty, and Home Care
Amway is a multi-level marketing company that sells beauty and health care, home care products, food, cleaning, and air care products through independent business owners. Through its network of independent business owners, Amway offers a wide range of products that are available by subscription at a discount or wholesale price.
It’s the world’s largest direct selling company, with annual sales of $8.8 billion in 2019, according to the company’s annual report.
What makes Amway India a popular direct selling company in India?
- Provides an excellent entrepreneurial opportunity for those who want to own and run their business.
- The company invests significant time and resources in training all its direct sellers.
- The company mentions on its website that it allows any direct seller or customer to return its products within 30
days from the date of purchase.
- Global Revenue: US$ 5.5 Billion (2019)
- Establishment year: 1886
- Industry: Cosmetics, Skin Care, Fragrance and Personal Care
Avon is the world’s largest direct-selling beauty company and is one of the most respected brands in the beauty industry. Avon’s success is based on its vast network of independent representatives, who sell their trademark product lines available to women and men alike through their digital and physical distribution channels.
The Avon Sales Training Center provides support to every Avon Representative across the globe. All representatives are welcome to register for free and gain access to valuable training resources on how to build their own business from home.
What makes Avon a popular direct selling company in India?
- Unlike many other direct selling companies, it only costs a little to get started selling.
- There are no sales targets to meet.
- Every Avon representative can get access to a Free online store that comes with training and support.
- Global Revenue: US$ 4.9 Billion (2019)
- Establishment year: 1980
- Industry: Dietary Supplements
Herbalife is a global nutrition company paving the way for a healthy, active life – making a mark globally for 40 years and in India for 21 years and counting. The brand has the potential to become one of the most valuable companies in this space, giving us an opportunity to play a significant role in promoting good health and positive living.
The brand is known for its high-quality products that work well. The demand is increasing every day, and its distributors are thriving with the increasing business.
What makes Herbalife a popular direct selling company in India?
- Its niche of nutrition and overall health with emphasis on Ayurveda has attracted good attention from India.
- The company provides a great training program to its Herbalife Nutrition Associates to assist them to start and grow their business.
- It stands for a great social cause of providing vulnerable children with access to good nutrition.
- Global Revenue: US$ 2.5 Billion (2019)
- Establishment year: 1989
- Industry: Air Purification Solutions
The Coway, with its Air Purifying and Air Filtering products, aims to provide Indian (and Global) residents with the highest air quality. The advanced air purification technology used by their filters is capable of removing PM0.1 particles, viruses, and bacteria from your air.
As India is one of the most polluted countries in the world, joining as a direct seller or as a distributor with Coway and selling their air-purifying solutions is undoubtedly a wise step to building a lucrative future-proof business.
What makes Coway a popular direct selling company in India?
- Extremely easy to get started; one has to just fill a form or WhatsApp the team to get started.
- Option to even work part-time, where one needs to just collect documents from the company’s customers and manage their orders.
- Its niche of air purifiers and air filters is extremely relevant to the Indian market, allowing its representatives to close more sales and make a handsome income.
- Revenue: US$2.26 billion (2017)
- Establishment year: 1946
- Industry: Homeware and Kitchenware Products
Tupperware is a brand of plastic containers and other kitchenware that was first introduced in the year of 1946. Tupperware’s products have helped consumers to keep their food fresh for longer and thus reduce waste. Their containers are excellent for storing groceries, preparing meals, and serving food. While its products are affordable, they can be bought dirt-cheap using offers and coupons that save up to 60% on Tupperware.
Tupperware is a household name that everyone knows today, but only a few know about the direct selling earning opportunities offered by the brand.
What makes Tupperware a popular direct selling company in India?
- Variety of direct selling joining options to choose from including Direct Selling, Social Selling, becoming a store franchise, or even a direct selling distributor.
- The company provides all the tools and platforms to take the business online on any digital platform along with handling all the deliveries & bills.
- Its popular and reliable tools make it easy for its direct sellers to drive more sales with a superb conversion ratio.
- Global Revenue: US$ 1.5 Billion (2019)
- Establishment year: 1967
- Industry: Beauty and Personal Care
Oriflame is a leading company in the beauty sector. This Swedish-Swiss multinational multi-level marketing company has been creating and delivering high-quality products to customers for over 50+ years.
Oriflame offers high-quality products with an opportunity to start your own business. If you are thinking about starting a beauty business, Oriflame will provide all the kits, materials, and training you will need to make your dreams come true.
What makes OriFlame a popular direct selling company in India?
- It’s a trusted brand, having been in the market since 1967. Indians trust it also as it’s a founder member of the Indian Direct Selling Association (IDSA).
- It rewards its successful OriFlame brand partners by allowing them to become a part of international business conferences.
- The company’s big, diverse and inspiring global beauty community allows its members to meet new friends from around the world who share beauty interests and entrepreneurial spirit.
Mi Lifestyle Marketing Global Private Limited
- Revenue From India: Over INR 500 Cr (FY 2019-2020)
- Establishment year: 2013
- Industry: Agro Care, Home Care, Health Care, and Personal Care
Mi Lifestyle Marketing is a direct selling company that deals with the distribution of a wide range of high quality, lifestyle products for the day-to-day life. These are high quality, brand name products that are not available in most retail stores.
Making money as a Distributor with Mi Lifestyle Marketing is easy. One has to register himself as a Distributor first, after which they get to buy products at a discounted price. One can then sell these products at a higher price, keeping the difference as profit.
What makes Mi Lifestyle Marketing a popular direct selling company in India?
- The company has products covering diverse verticals from personal care to agro care, home care to nutrition.
- Mi’s already established popularity across India makes it easy for its direct sellers to make easy sales.
- The company’s compensation/payout plans are easy to understand and follow, even for someone with little education.
Forever Living Products
- Global Revenue: US$ 1.5 Billion (2018)
- Establishment year: 1978
- Industry: Dietary Supplements, Cosmetics, and Personal Care
Forever Living Products are the leaders in the aloe vera industry, producing a constant supply of healthy personal care products with ingredients derived from natural sources. They have their very own independent laboratory to ensure that they are testing all of their products in accordance with strict United States Government regulations.
Forever’s network marketing business opportunity doesn’t have any hidden costs. There is nothing to pay until you start making money. All you need to do is sign up online, and you’re ready!
What makes Forever Living Products a popular direct selling company in India?
- Extensive support for its sellers and distributors, even for those at low levels.
- Bi-weekly payments.
- Its health-centered products are truly great, allowing everyone to sell without any guilt or bias.
- Revenue From India: Over INR 500 Cr (FY 2019-2020)
- Establishment year: 2004
- Industry: Health and Wellness
Vestige Marketing Pvt. Ltd. is a renowned brand in the health and personal care industry, which has garnered national and international acclaim for being one of the highest quality brands in India. The company has sought to become the leader in the global market by focusing on product innovation, the latest technology, quality research, and quality services to its customers.
For self-purchase, one can earn a performance bonus of 5-20% with Vestige while the bonus can be anywhere from 0-15% on the team purchase.
What makes Vestige Marketing a popular direct selling company in India?
- The company not only has a range of products but they are priced reasonably compared to other direct sellingbcompanies. This works great for price-conscious Indian buyers.
- The joining fee is low, at just Rs.1500.
- Vestige even has launched a number of Apps like Vestige Business App, POS App, and Vestige Business Deals that provide its sellers an edge over other companies.
- Revenue From India: Over INR 500 Cr (FY 2019-2020)
- Establishment year: 1996
An indigenous direct selling company, Modicare is a major direct selling player having more than 300 products in 12 categories including Nutrition, Homecare, Laundry Care, Personal care, Food & Beverages, Agriculture, and more.
With their best-in-class web platform, no registration fee, a wide variety of products to promote from, and in-depth free training modules, joining as a Modicare consultant can be a great step to start making some handsome money.
What makes Modicare a popular direct selling company in India?
- One can start a direct selling business just using their phone as Company’s Modicare Mobile App, and their Digital Training Hub is built for mobile users.
- There are no charges or fees to register as Modicare Consultant.
- Husband and wife can become applicant and co-applicant in the same registration, without needing to register separately.
So, which of these direct selling companies did you for the first time? Let us know. Also, are you a member of any of these companies? How has your experience been? Do share that too and we will be glad to give that a read.