Microsoft Access is a database management system that enables the data entry process in a much likeable manner. It also helps overcome the limitations, which further manage the huge amount of the data in the Excel or spreadsheet locations.
Lots of users uses Microsoft Access on Windows Laptop which is it supports but sometimes user want to use it in MAC OS computer but Microsoft Access on Mac is not available..
Unfortunately Microsoft Access on Mac is not included in Microsoft Office for Mac and there is no version of Access for macOS. Microsoft Access is also not available to MAC users online via Microsoft 365. But don’t worry Still you can use MS Access on Mac computer by following 4 methods.
How to Get/Install Microsoft Access for MAC Free
Steps to access Microsoft Access on Mac
Recommended- Virtual Cloud Server Hosting
Cloud hosting service is the safest and cost-efficient approach for using Microsoft Access on Mac systems. Here is a separate Windows-based virtual machine on the cloud infrastructure whenever you wish to access the MS Access applications and the databases on the Mac system.
There are lots of Cloud Virtual Machines hosting providers, you can select any of them.
- Google Cloud Platform
- Amazon AWS
- Microsoft Azure
- Red Hat OpenShift
- Oracle Cloud Free Tier
- IBM Cloud free tier
Create a Virtual Machine in Azure Cloud
Run the Microsoft Access Version in a Virtual Machine(Offline)
Microsoft Access does not support macOS. So, there is only one option in which the Microsoft Access Windows Version can operate in a virtual machine in the Mac system. Install the virtual machine in the MAC and use MS Access on it. However, this method has some drawbacks too.
These are the popular Free virtual machine for MacOs.
- Parallels Desktop 17
- Apple Boot Camp
- VMWare Fusion
- Oracle VM VirtualBox
- CrossOver 2
- Windows 365
Watch Video for Installing Virtual Machine on MAC.
Installation of Windows on Mac
Another way of Accessing a MS Access on mac is to install windows on your Mac machine.
With Boot Camp, you can install Microsoft Windows 10 on your Mac, then switch between macOS and Windows when restarting your Mac. Boot Camp requires a Mac with an Intel processor to Install Windows version.
Then select the Windows in Boot Camp Mode. When you select Windows, you can utilize a Mac System the same way as Windows PC is used to run the Microsoft access. But its greatest drawback is that you need to restart your machine each time you wish to switch between the two operating systems.
How to Run Windows 10 on Mac for FREE (Step by Step)
Utilization of the Third-Party Software
The third-party software or MAC Emulators is created in such a way to give the complete compatibility layer and also allow the applications and various games to run on another operating system. But this step has the greatest drawback: it can slow down the machine and risk the data.
Watch Video to Know More about Installing emulators on MAC.
Still having issues installing MS Access on MAC Laptop, Watch this complete Guide.
Alternatives to Microsoft Access on MAC
If you are comfortable with other database service providers then you can switch to alternate of MS Access. They are also having full functionality and services listed below.
- File Maker Pro
- Open Office / Libre Office
- SQLite for Mac
- Ninox Database
- Tap Forms
Let’s find out that how Microsoft Access is used in the computer
Microsoft Access makes sure to manage the data, store it and process it for bringing up productivity. Its main function involves tracking data, getting hold of the Access, and working on excel in various other programs.
What are the four components of MS Access?
Databases in Access consist of the four components((Objects) named tables, queries, forms, and reports. These components help in the entry skills, storage, identification of the data, and the compilation of the data wherever required.can help you give better information regarding easy Access, but before that, let us get an in-depth idea about Microsoft Access.
What are the main functions of MS Access?
- Best for individual users and smaller teams.
- Built in Functions.
- It helps in the identification of the terminology and its function according to the database management systems.
- It helps in the identification of the qualities of the valuable information.
- It analyses the good database design elements.
- It helps in simplifying the reports and the forms
- It helps in the usage of the Access online help feature.
- Offers building and publishing databases easily online.
Microsoft Access can handle big databases. Following are the reasons behind it:
- If the database is massive, it has large data entry needs- Microsoft Access helps create a quick form by which you can quickly enter all the records. Another important feature is that it can make the data entry simple and helps in the margin of any error.
- Helps in the error-free records- In the case of the massive records, you have lots of opportunities for any error to get in. It may include some of the records entered twice, spelling errors, missing information. Microsoft access helps in the eradication of such flaws from the data.
- Massive databases are difficult to sort when you wish to find something– Microsoft Access assists in several tools for sorting the data, searching and creating the specialized tools, which helps in the maintenance of the single record or the number of the records you need.
- Microsoft Access helps in saving time and makes it easy the recycle the data- Even if you have utilized various tools to import the data from the various other sources like the Excel Worksheets and the Microsoft Word Table, Microsoft Access helps in the saving of the time to re-enter the entire data and thereby ensures the multiple data stay consistent. In addition, you can also get connected with the Microsoft Access expert advice for valuable guidance.
FAQ Microsoft access for MAC
Q. How to get Microsoft access for mac
Ans: By using virtual Machines or Installing Windows on MAC.
Q. Does Microsoft office for mac have MS access
Ans: No, MS Access is not included in Microsoft Office for the MAC and will not work under MAC OS.
Q. Why is Microsoft access not available for MAC
Ans: The main reason for this is that most people use MS Access on Windows and initially it was made for Windows users only, users on macOS are comparably small so developing separate MS Access for them is maybe not profitable for Microsoft.
Microsoft Access for MAC can be a great means of managing massive data in the most sorted way. It also helps provide various useful tools that are simple to learn and are professional enough for all the experts. If you use Mac and search for ways to use Microsoft, get in touch with the Microsoft Access consultants.