Having good content on your website is one of the most essential and important factors of SEO.
It is through quality content that you can generate traffic to your website and it is with quality content that you can make your website search-engine friendly.
While we could go on about the importance of having good-quality content on your site, it can suffice to understand that poor content means poor SEO.
However, contrary to what a lot of people may think, good content isn’t made by fancy words and complex sentence structures.
If you take to the net trying to flaunt your vocabulary and linguistic skills, it won’t work well at all.
Website content has to be readable and enjoyable. Whenever writing content for your audience, you have to make it relatable and fun.
And apart from the reader-friendliness, there is a host of other aspects and qualities that you have to watch such as plagiarism, grammatical errors, keyword density, etc.
So, when we say content optimization, it brings in its scope everything from grammatical perfection to easy readability.
In 2022, there are a lot of tools on the internet that you can use for specific purposes like checking plagiarism or keyword volume.
However, there are also some all-in-one apps that offer a full content optimization experience.
In this post, we are going to look at some of both. Here are our picks for some of the best content optimization tools to use in 2022.
Best Content Optimization Tools
Although defined as a ‘simple text editor’, Edit Pad comes with a lot of additional features that can be used for optimizing content.
The main selling point of the app is the fast-loading, no-frills design. It is quick to open up, and it lets you write content in a simple and easy-to-use text panel.
Other than that, some other tools/features that you can use within the app include:
- Plagiarism checker: By clicking on the button marked ‘Plagiarism’ on the lower right corner, you can open up the plagiarism checker in another tab.
- Don’t worry, this won’t take you to a different site. The checker is also from Edit Pad.
- Paraphrasing: You can access this option by clicking on the ‘more’ button at the bottom left. Click on
‘Paraphrase it’ to open the paraphraser in a new tab.
- Word Count/Character Count: Content length is an important factor for SEO. When using Edit Pad, you can get an exact word count at the bottom panel.
- Meta descriptions are often measured in characters rather than words. If you want to check the character count instead, click on the button marked ‘more’.
- File download: Once you are done with your work, you can download the file in a ‘.txt’ format.
- Looking at the features, we can appreciate the fact that Edit Pad does the work of a text editor, plagiarism checker, word/char. counter, and paraphraser all in one app.
Although there is a limited number of tools that you can use with Grammarly, it is still an awesome tool for content optimization.
As we have mentioned previously, grammatical perfection is one of the vital characteristics of good SEO content. And Grammarly is the quickest way to achieve that.
Apart from corrections and grammatical errors, you can also fix things like clarity and delivery. Tweaking these aspects can be good for the readability of your text.
Let’s look at the features in some detail:
- Grammar correction: Grammarly uses a highly intelligent algorithm for fixing grammatical errors. You can click on the suggestions to apply them to your content.
- Plagiarism checking: Sadly, this feature is exclusive to the paid version. But it is definitely worth paying for.
- Grammarly’s plagiarism checker is ranked among the top tools in the industry, and for good reason.
- Apart from being highly accurate, it also gives you a breakdown of the matches so that you can make the changes easily.
- Readability improvement suggestions: With Grammarly, you can also enhance the delivery and clarity of your content while removing grammatical errors.
- Apart from the suggestions given by the app, you can also double-click a word to see its synonyms. No more worries about sounding too repetitive.
- MS Word plug-in: This is yet another outstanding perk of using Grammarly.
- In most cases, content optimization tools are web-based, which means that you have to go online to use them.
- But with the Grammarly plug-in, you can open it without even leaving your MS Word window.
Like Edit Pad, Rephrase also comes with several content optimization tools instead of just one…contrary to what the name might indicate.
Rephrasing existing content can be a good way to bring new words into it, and to mix things up with some fresh synonyms.
If you don’t have the time to write out different pieces of content for all your websites, you can just take one and run it through a rephrasing tool.
But, to be fair and honest, rephrased content almost always has to be fixed. The grammatical sense of the sentences can get all jumbled up.
With Rephrase.info, you can enjoy the following features (among others):
- Paraphrasing: Using this tool, you can shuffle up previously written content and give it a new look.
- Plagiarism checker: You can also use Rephrase to check your content for accidental plagiarism and matches with other sources on the net.
- Grammatical error correction: If you don’t want to switch to a different app for checking the grammar of your content, you can do it from within Rephrase.
- Talk about utility.
The name of this app pretty much tells us what it does. But there are a couple of other integrated tools that you can use within the app as well.
The app has a neat and clean user interface. You can type your content out in the given box, paste it from somewhere or upload a file from your system storage.
- Plagiarism checker: With Check-Plagiarism, there is no word limit to the searches in simple mode. In AI mode, however, you can only work with 500 words at a time.
- Grammar Checker: Checking for grammar errors using a separate app can be time-taking. With Check-Plagiarism, you can do it within the same app.
- Paraphrasing tool: If you aren’t satisfied with the wording of your content, you can use the paraphrasing tool to change things up a bit by adding synonyms.
SEO Review Tools is an excellent application that is geared towards measuring factors like website performance, domain authority, and SERP rank.
Unlike the apps we have looked at so far, the main focus of SEO Review Tools is not on checking things like grammar and plagiarism.
It deals with the more technical side of things, basically.
Let’s look at some of its features in detail.
- Keyword tools: SEO Review Tools lets you perform actions like researching keywords and checking the density of the same in existing content.
- Rank and Domain Authority Checker: If you want to find out how well your website is doing in the SERPs, you can use these tools to get exact stats.
- Broken Backlink Checker: Broken links can be harmful to your site’s SEO.
- By using this checker tool, you can see if your website has any outbound or inbound broken links.
Yoast is an excellent tool for assessing SEO content metrics and modules.
While the app does not let you make changes directly to the content (as is the case with apps like Grammarly), it tells you how well your content is tailored for SEO use.
The app is free to use, and the interface is fairly simple as well.
You can also use some formatting options in the given text box such as making the style bold, in italics, adding underline, hyperlinks, etc.
- SEO modules assessment: Once you submit your content, Yoast will tell you to take care of things like adding an SEO title, meta description, focus words, links, etc.
- Content quality metrics: Furthermore, you can check content metrics like the number of transition words, 20-word sentences, passive voice usage, etc.
- You also get an instant Flesch Test score, which tells you how easy or difficult your content is to read.
- SEO score: Adding up all the assessments, Yoast will give you an overall SEO score that you can use to gauge the performance of your content.
Hemingway does the job of a text editor and a content readability evaluator altogether.
The app offers sufficient formatting features that you can use to compose content on the fly. You can add heading styles, bullets, numbers, and links easily at a click.
Hemingway is free to use, and it has a plain and simple interface. You don’t even have to navigate around any initial landing pages. The app opens directly on the editor.
- Color-coded content assessment: Hemingway looks through your content to find the use of passive voice, long sentences, adverbs, and difficult words.
- All these are shown in a different color for easier visualization. To replace a complex word with an easier synonym, you can hover your mouse over it to see suggestions.
- Formatting tools: As mentioned above, you can use the Hemingway app to make some formatting changes to your content.
- You could, for example, change ‘this’ into ‘this’.
- Text editing: If you want, you can write down your content directly in the app. You will avoid the hassle of copy-pasting, that way.
Copywritely is yet another ‘all-in-one’ type of app with lots of content optimization tools.
Above, we discussed some apps like Edit Pad and Check-Plagiarism that only focused on perfecting the content, and not helping with the technical side of SEO.
Then, there are tools like SEO Review Tools that offer useful tools for doing things like checking keyword density, domain authority, and SERP rank.
Copywritely is, in this regard, the best of both worlds. It gives you ample options to improve the quality of the content while also helping with the technical SEO aspects.
- Grammar and Readability Checker: Removing grammar errors alone isn’t enough for good SEO content. Making it readable is also essential.
- With Copywritely, you can do both things without switching apps.
- Keyword SERP and Density Checker: These are, as we mentioned previously, the ‘technical’ aspects of SEO.
- You can check your page’s keyword ranking by entering the URL and the selected keyword. You can also check the density of a keyword in a certain piece of text.
- Word Counter: Normally, your text editor should include a word counter by default but if it does not, you can use Copywritely for it instead.
When you are optimizing your content, you don’t want to visit websites that load up slowly and come with a lot of flashy animations and transitions.
You want to keep things simple so that you can get your work done quickly.
This is where apps like Paper Rater come in handy. They are swift to load, easy to use and they give you quick results.
Other than the free usability and easy interface, there are a lot of other awesome features that you can enjoy with Paper Rater.
- Plagiarism checker: With the Paper Rater plagiarism checker, you can easily see the percentage of originality in your content.
- Grammar and spelling checker: Within the same content analysis, you can check for grammar and spelling errors as well.
- Readability modules: Other than grammar, spelling, and plagiarism, Paper Rater will also help you improve the readability of your content.
- You can check modules such as vocabulary usage, sentence length and variability, phrases to avoid, and passive voice.
Wrapping up our list, we have SEO Magnifier.
Although we are mentioning this tool at the very last, it offers more features than most apps we have looked at so far in this list.
SEO Magnifier does not stop at optimizing content. It goes way beyond by offering tools like format conversion, HTML and CSS minifying, splitting and compressing PDFs, etc.
This app has, in the true sense of the word, a ton of features and tools.
- Content optimization tools: To check your content to make sure it is up to SEO standards, you can use tools like plagiarism checker, punctuation checker, etc.
- SEO building tools: If you want help coming up with your SEO game plan, you can use features like the backlink maker, domain age checker, rank checker, and so on.
- Free and simple: On top of giving access to a galore of awesome tools. SEO Magnifier is also free. The interface is also straightforward and easy to use.
The driving force behind every healthy SEO strategy is quality content. But coming up with this optimized content isn’t that easy.
There are a lot of factors and aspects that you have to be mindful of.
Grammatical impeccability, readability, and originality are some surface-level characteristics that have to be maintained.
Luckily, you don’t have to take care of all these manually. There are a lot of content optimization tools that you can use to get some help.