An-upgrade is inevitable in all spheres of life. To match up with technology and trends, and keep the business flourishing, every organization needs to adapt to changes and upgradations. Any upgrade becomes even more interesting and enhancing with the addition of on-cloud services and applications to it.
The upgrade that we are speaking of is Microsoft Dynamics NAV upgrade to Business Central on-cloud.
More and more NAV users are transitioning to the on-cloud Business Central solution, and many are questioning the benefits of the same. In this article we will answer all these questions and others related to upgrading to Dynamics 365 Business Central – on cloud.
What is Business Central?
Dynamics 365 Business Central is the updated version of Dynamics NAV. With the launch of Business Central in 2018, Microsoft brought the first fully featured cloud version of Dynamics NAV into the market. Easy to use and access, customizable, AI driven and so on, this business application is the go-to solution for decision-makers for the growth of their organizations.
The best thing about Dynamics 365 Business Central is that businesses can opt for both the mediums:
What are the Benefits of Business Central?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers multiple benefits to its users in all aspects. Some of the benefits of using Business Central are as follows:
- Cost-effectiveness – Since BC enables all the basic functionalities of a business to be automated, customized and most importantly streamlined, its cost becomes negligible.
- High-security – Specifically the cloud version of D365 BC provides with enhanced data-security to organizations, eliminating the risk of data-theft. Facility of backups and disaster recovery are also a part of this ERP solution.
- Central repository – The Business Central application offers a centralized repository for saving all your organizational data. This streamlines all your core business processes.
- Customizable – The applications in D365 Business Central are customizable as per business requirements.
- Transparency – The access and insights provided within Microsoft D365 Business Central offer enhanced transparency in various aspects of the business.
- Insights – With the help of Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, IoT and much more, stakeholders can receive in-depth insights for informed decision-making.
What is on-cloud?
Software that are on-cloud deliver different services through internet. A cloud-based storage helps secure all business essentials on a remote-database instead of managing too much of manual paperwork. Through this method, stakeholders can access their data through any device with the only necessary requirement of internet.
Benefits of software on-cloud
An on-cloud software solution offers the following benefits to users:
- With a centralized repository comes enhanced level of data-security.
- Easy to use and understand web interfaces.
- Storing files and accessing, storing receiving the same from any web-enabled interface.
- High availability, speed, scalability and security to your business essentials from any place at any time.
How to upgrade to Dynamics 365 Business Central on-cloud?
To upgrade to the cloud solution of Business Central, organizations must go through a 5-step process first. These include
Step 1 – Review and analyze the method of carrying out process in your organization without the upgrade. Look for loopholes and areas of improvement.
Step 2 – Following the review, determine which solution will serve as the best technical fit for your organization, specifically in terms of technology upgrade.
Step 3 – Prior to implementing any software solution make sure you are aware of your budget constraints and the cost to be incurred.
Step 4 – Make sure to look for any possibilities of mis happenings during and after the implementation of Dynamics 365 Business Central on-cloud. Make sure to eliminate any possible risks.
Step 5 – Look for the best Business Central Upgrade solution provider. There are multiple Microsoft Partners offering implementation, consultation, upgradation services. Best ERP Solution
provider Dynamics Square is one available option for you.
Things to know before upgradation
Apart from the questions answered above, there are some more that decision-makers need to ask themselves before the upgradation.
Is this solution too risky?
It is normal for people to think that the upgrade process involves a lot of of risk and threat of exposure of their current organizational data. However, the use of Microsoft Sure Step Methodology eliminates the possibility of any risk that you can think of.
Will organizations be able to retain their existing customizations?
Businesses that have been using any ERP solution in the past must be having their own customizations of various manners. D365 Business Central upgrade involves assessment of the ongoing processes in an organization and the current customizations are carried forward to the upgraded solution seamlessly.
Benefits of Upgrading to Dynamics 365 Business Central – On cloud
As far as the benefits of Microsoft Dynamics NAV to BC on-cloud upgrade, they are many. Some of these benefits are listed below for the convenience of readers:
Unified solution to all business challenges
Dynamics 365 Business Central upgrade will simplify the complexities involved in the core business processes by streamlining them all. Alignment of the right person in the right process at the right point of time and monitoring the progress makes work easy and efficient.
This won’t dig a hole in your pockets
Business Central on-cloud solution is the most affordable ERP solution for businesses of all sizes. Firstly, since hardware is not required, cost of the same gets saved. Secondly, there are various combinations offered in the pricing plan of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central which makes use of various functions easy and cost-effective.
Begin from where you left
The most applauded feature of D365 Business Central on-cloud is that there is no interruption in the ongoing processes at your organization. Users can access the applications and will get access to all the information they were monitoring earlier. There is no discontinuity or disruption as users get to begin using Business Central right from where they left Dynamics NAV
In-depth insights into critical business data
The use of various forms of technologies including AI, machine learning and a lot more, stakeholders get access to analytical insights of their business. This helps increase transparency and enhance informed decision-making.
Enabling backups and highly secured data
An on-cloud ERP solution offers security to the crucial employee and organizational data of all businesses. With a centralized repository, organizations can save all their data on a remote database that can be accesses by authorized personnel from anywhere anytime on the availability of internet. Backups and disaster recovery are all the prime characteristics of D365 Business Central.
Business grows stronger with easy integrations
D365 Business Central can be easily integrated with third-party software and extensions offering a comprehensive work environment to professionals. Every tool that businesses had been using while working on Dynamics NAV can be integrated with Dynamics BC making it even more efficient.
Get the Scalability your business needs
One of the most sought-after ERP solutions, Business Central, allows businesses to flourish and function efficiently without putting much pressure on their pockets or brains. The solution is cost-effective and easy to implement and adapt.
Why should businesses upgrade to Business Central on-cloud?
- Those businesses which are using the 2016 or lower version of Dynamics NAV must upgrade ASAP as they are already running out of support services. Also, for those organizations which are looking to migrate to an on-cloud solution, Business Central is your go-to-solution.
- The users of NAV 2018 do not have any urgent requirement for the transition as they have the mainstream support till the year 2023, however, one must know that upgrade is inevitable.
- Technology is ever-changing and so is customer needs, demands, interests and trends. It is imperative for organizations to be agile to flourish. Companies that can keep-up with the trends and adapt to the same are the ones that are rising. So, it is essential that businesses upgrade themselves.
Why Dynamics Square?
With 500+ successful project deliveries, Dynamics Square, Microsoft Gold Partners offer easy assessment, implementation and consultation services. Businesses who wish to introduce digitalization in their workflows should opt for Dynamics Square, where the team, with their in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience, are catering to all forms of business challenges.
If you are looking for an upgrade to Business Central on-cloud, click the button below and we will be happy to help.